At SoleScience™, it's our life's passion to get your patients back on their feet.
Comfortable orthotics made in days, not weeks that last for years
SoleScience lives up to our reputation by having the SHORTEST turn around time in London, Ontario. Our local manufacturing facility will have your patients’ orthotics ready in 3-5 DAYS, not weeks!
Our Get Back on Your Feet Comfort Guarantee means we stand behind our service, and will make sure your patients are taken care of. Follow-up and all adjustments are provided to every patient for free as we want to make sure every patient has reached their treatment goals.
Read more about our team and how we can help your patients HERE.
Do your patients need orthotics?
We do not strongly believe that custom foot orthotics are for everyone. Don’t get us wrong, we strongly believe that custom foot orthotics are very effective for many different medical conditions (and our research is helping to prove that!), but we see too many people, too often, in custom orthotics when another solution will be just as effective.
At SoleScience, we consider two main factors in deciding if a patient needs custom foot orthotics:
1. Foot mechanics or foot structure are the cause of the patient’s pain/symptoms:
In this case, your patient will feel better wearing the custom orthotics than not wearing them. Such is the case in people who suffer from various types of arthritis (osteo or rheumatoid), Morton’s neuroma, metatarsalgia, tibialis posterior tendon dysfunction, or a movement disorder.
2. Foot mechanics or foot structure are keeping your patient from healing from their injury:
In this case, we use the orthotics as a tool to recover, and then try to taper patients off of their devices. We don’t believe in keeping your patients in any type of orthotic unnecessarily. Individual treatment programs in these cases often incorporate stretching and strengthening programs, or referrals to physiotherapy to aid in recovery.
In addition to custom foot orthotics, SoleScience also provides additional footcare and services including:
- Medical and over-the-counter compression stockings
- Performance and orthopaedic footwear
- Footwear modifications – Shoe lifts for leg length discrepancies
- Diabetic foot assessments and screenings (60 second diabetic foot screen)
Referring Professionals Resources
- Referral form (Fillable PDF)
- Footwear Information Guide (Patient Pamphlet)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Patient Pamphlet)
- Thinking About Orthotics? (Patient Pamphlet)
- Diabetes From the Ground Up (Patient Pamphlet)
- Plantar Fasciitis Patient Handout
- Leg Length Discrepancy and Lower Back Pain Patient Handout
- Forefoot Pain Patient Handout
- Osteoarthritis/Rheumatoid arthritis Patient Handout
- Choosing Athletic Footwear (Patient Pamphlet)
Or use the short form to request hard copy resources
Resources Request Form