The Sales Associate, under the direction of the Store Manager, is primarily responsible for greeting customers and providing information and proper FIT of shoes within the store. The Sales Associate will generate sales, advise customers on the use and care of shoes, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services. This role will participate in merchandising and promotional activities, and must maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Greet customers.
- Generate sales & providing customers with the proper FIT for shoes.
- Advise customers on the use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerningspecialized products or services.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist with setting up merchandise displays.
- Maintain sales records for inventory control.
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems.
- Work in partnership with store managers and other employees to maximize store sales andin-store presence.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to make excellent sales to achieve performance in alignment with goals and objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Motivated and creative team player.
- Experience in footwear retail sales required.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to receive incoming merchandise and put away in storage room; shifting storage as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Bending, crouching to assist with shoe fitting
- Overtime as required.
SoleScience offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.